Discreet Personal Care For Your Recovery
Why do you need post-operative nursing care?
Your task after surgery is to heal. Our task is to help you recover safely and comfortably. Family members and friends can help you return to normal activity but in some cases are not available or may be a bit uncomfortable with required tasks in the caretaker role. There are options for patients who struggle with finding the perfect fit for a caretaker after their surgery. If aftercare is one of your main concerns, here are some options for you.
Vital RNs are a team of highly trained and experienced registered nurses who specialize in providing post-operative care for clients after they leave the surgical center. The nurses can stay with you for as long as you feel you will need them. Some patients feel the first 24 hours will be their biggest need while others decide to have a nurse for the first few days of recovery.
How your nurse cares for you
Before your surgery your nurse will call you to discuss your medical history, your individual needs, preferences and your place of recovery. The nurse can care for you at your home or at one of the many hotels in the area.
On the day of the surgery your nurse will pick you up at the surgical center’s recovery room, review your operative report, physician’s orders, discuss discharge instructions with the staff and transport you to your home or hotel.
She will stay with you continuously and provide such services as:
- Manage your pain with medications and a host of comfort measures
- Monitor your vital signs and assess for any post-operative complications
- Provide “icing” as needed
- Monitor and change dressings
- Prepare nutritious snacks
- Manage any drains, surgical garments, or leg compression devices
- Assist with walking to the bathroom, doing coughing and deep breathing exercises and help with personal hygiene
- Give progress reports to your physician as needed
- Teach you and your chosen caregiver about proper care after your nurse has left
- Accompany you to your post-operative physician visit the next morning if requested
To learn more about this service, visit their website at [email protected] or contact them by phone at 206.686.2322.
Visiting Angels is also an option for those who need extra help during their recovery. The recovery period can last anywhere from three days to two weeks. Visiting Angels can help you with every step along the way. If informed decisions such as your surgeon and your surgery are important to you… your well being, comfort and care at home should be an informed decision as well. Learn more about what Visiting Angels can provide and do for you and your family.
- Pre & Post Op Travel Assist
- Medication Reminders
- Meal Preparation
- Ambulatory Assistance
- Personal Hygiene
- Light Laundry
- Light Housekeeping
- Errands & Shopping
- One Hr. Minimum to 24 hour Live-In
- Weekends, Holidays
- Experienced & Screened Caregivers
Contact Visiting Angels today for a complimentary in-home consultation.
- Serving: Eastside & North Seattle Visiting Angels.
- Phone: #425.828.4500 or #206.361.7066
- Website: Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services